Coal India Limited

211 people follow this company

Dreaming of a career with Coal India Limited ? Choose the right network to help you on your way.

Keep up to date with the latest career opportunities at Coal India Limited
Follow company updates in real time
Connect with their employees and expand your network

Description of Coal India Limited

Coal India Limited is an Indian state-controlled coal mining company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India and the world's largest coal miner with revenue exceeding 602.45 billion. It was formerly owned entirely by the Union Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Coal. It is involved in coal mining and production industry. In April 2011, CIL was conferred the Maharatna status by the Union Government of India and ranked as one of India's most valuable company by market value. In 2010, CIL's initial public offering (IPO) got subscribed 15.28 times, collecting a record over 2.4 trillion—the highest IPO subscription so far. On the first day of its listing on the Sensex, its stock closed 40% higher than IPO price. It is India's largest ever public offer from Coal India Ltd. to raise up to 15,000 crore (US$2.99 billion). It is currently 90% owned by the Government of India with the remaining 10% owned by the public.
+ 5000
No reviews have been written for this company. Help future colleagues get to know your company better! Write a review (it's anonymous)

They work here

Darwin S.

Senior Manager, CMPDI Ltd, Coal India Llimited

Hired 23y ago

Ranjan M.

Senior Manager, Coal India Limited

Hired 32y ago

Pradyumna  Kumar S.

Superintending Engineer, Coal India Limited

Hired 33y ago

Average age:

47 years

Average experience level:

11 years

3% of women

Similar companies

Vizag Steel

10 - 49 employees


1000 - 4999 employees

BHP Billiton

50 - 199 employees

Essar Group

200 - 499 employees